Tuesday 19 February 2013

Coast to coast !

Today we drove from the Pacific Ocean to the Tasman Sea, sounds good doesn't it.... But it was only 145km from near Thames to Raglan. Once again the countryside was stunning. We came across a wind farm and a 'wind farm viewing area' think they must be a novelty here ;) We also drove through the open cast coal mining area near Huntly, but it was all very well screened .
We arrived in Raglan mid morning, had a coffee and then drove over the river to the Kopua Domain holiday park. I needed to do a big load of laundry, that was accomplished and hanging out in the sun to dry by lunchtime . Time for a well earned beer and a bite to eat then we walked over the footbridge into town. This place has a fantastic location on the river mouth . Later M went for a walk , I wrote the campervan blog, then did some of my lace. At gin o'clock we sat down with the maps to plan the next couple of days. We are going to take the reputedly very scenic coastal route south of here, maybe out of reach for a while! We are booked into the motorhome park in Wellington CBD on Friday and Saturday nights and are sailing to S Island on Sunday .
By the way please excuse typos and strange words provided by predictive text, I am doing this on my IPhone



2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your blog. I saw it after Wilderness Motorhomes posted it on Facebook. My boyfriend and I will be going on our first trip to NZ in late August in a Base Jumper 2. It's great to hear how good the van is and the scenery looks amazing! We can't wait to go!
    Look forward to reading more! Thanks you for sharing!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will have a great time, although it might be wetter and colder than it is now

      Delete