Sunday 21 January 2018

Wanaka Days

This is the 4th time I have started this blog, the app keeps crashing on me, maybe there were too many photos. Yesterday we woke to a beautiful sunny morning and I got a panoramic pic with my phone camera. It gives you an idea of the views from this house.

Michael and I walked up the Clutha River from Albertown to the Wanaka Lake outlet which is the river source. The Clutha is the longest river in NZ and reaches the sea at Dunedin. We are driving there tomorrow with Wyn and Dorothy.
The walk was beautiful, along the river bank, through tall tree heathers then out into an open lake view. The path is well used by walkers, runners and mountain bikers, who were very polite, they all greeted and thanked us as the passed. Not like the cyclists we meet on the Lake District Hill!

      

I walked about 4.5 miles, but Michael did a longer loop, I was struggling with my feet, particularly the left one.
Later in the afternoon the four of us walked up a local knoll for more magnificent lake views.


This morning we woke to cloud and some rain. We are having another fairly lazy day with a little retail therapy. There is an excellent merino hear where I made a planned purchase 😉.
Tomorrow we are off to Dunedin until Friday. Various activities are planned including a train trip up the Taieri Gorge.




1 comment:

  1. You will love Dunedin Station Liz. The Cathederal is also worth a visit, with organ recitals taking place some days. Cadburys also have a big outlet if you need any calories. Enjoying reading your blog, hope the sun keeps shining.

    ReplyDelete